International Programs (IP) at the University of Iowa presents WorldCanvass® once a month during the academic year. Programs are recorded before a live audience at the Voxman Music Building on the corner of Burlington and Clinton Streets. Joan Kjaer hosts the series and, with her guests, explores topics that are international in scope and central to our understanding of how individuals fit into the global landscape. The programs are recorded by UI Office of Strategic Communication staff for later broadcast on YouTube, iTunes, and the Public Radio Exchange. These monthly programs, which take place from 7:30-9:00 p.m. in the Voxman Recital Hall, are free and open to the public.
Rendering of the Voxman Rectial Hall
All WorldCanvass programs take place from 7:30-9:00 p.m. in the UI Voxman Music Building unless otherwise noted.
- September 13 - Fracking and the Iowa Divide (Pre-show reception, 6:30-7:30)
- October 15 - Redefining Nationhood; Provost’s Global Forum
- Special time and place: 5:00-6:30 p.m., John and Mary Pappajohn Education Center, Des Moines (Pre-show reception, 4:00-5:00)
- October 29 - Creation and Discovery: The Unlikeliness of It All
- Special event at the Royal Academy of the Arts, London
- November 17 - Higher Education in the Age of Internationalization (Pre-show reception, 6:30-7:30)
- December 8 - White Privilege, Structural Racism, and the Dream of America
- Senate Chamber, Old Capitol Museum
- January 17 - Our Lives Online (Pre-show reception, 6:30-7:30)
- February 20 - Resilience Over Trauma
- March 8 - German Iowa and the Global Midwest: Doing Global History Locally
- April 12- Going Up in Smoke
WorldCanvass® Studio is a mobile version of our monthly discussion and performance series WorldCanvass.
October 16, 2015 - The Human in Human Rights (Social Justice after Ferguson)