Scholarships communicated through Study Abroad
Students who participate in most CIEE program locations will be eligible to receive a scholarship of $1,500. There is no application process nor published deadlines. Study Abroad Advisors will provide information during the advising process.
Only UI-sponsored programs are eligible for this CIEE Scholarship.
CIEE Open Campus Grants
CIEE Open Campus Grants are available to students participating in selected CIEE Open Campus programs:
- Argentina, Buenos Aires
- Brazil, Rio de Janeiro
- Chile, Santiago
- Denmark, Copenhagen
- France, Paris
- Planned participation in a selected CIEE Open Campus, 3-block semester, program
- Undergraduate, full-time, degree-seeking student at the University of Iowa
- In good academic standing at the time of application
$4,000 grant - five (5) CIEE Open Campus Grants to award, preference to one award per location
Your application must be submitted before the session deadline:
- Fall 2018 - Tuesday, March 20, 2018 (the online application opens on Monday, February 5, 2018)
- Spring 2019 - Tuesday, September 18. 2018 (the online application opens on Monday, June 25, 2018)
Late applications will not be accepted!
Scholarships awarded directly by CIEE
There are also various scholarships/grants available to students participating in CIEE programs. As noted on the CIEE website and program application, students should review various scholarship opportunities available. All information, eligibility details, and deadlines are available on the CIEE website, “Scholarships and Grants”.
Gilman Go Global Grant awarded directly through CIEE
CIEE applicants who submit the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship application (regardless of award status) are eligible to receive the Gilman Go Global Grant/GAIN Travel Grant (up to $2,500). Specific details and deadlines are available on CIEE, "Need Based Grants".