While on OPT you are still legally required to report certain information to ISSS. Changes to any of the following must be reported within 10 days of the event:
- Changes in name or residential/mailing address
- Report your employer name, address, starting/ending dates, and supervisor’s email within 10 days of any changes or new employment
- Report changes to another immigration status
- If you will leave your OPT employment before your OPT end date
- Notify ISSS if your email address changes
To report, login to your iHawk account and click the blue login button for "Client Services." You will need your HawkID and password. If you need to look up your HawkID or change your password or forgot your password, visit the ITS website or call the ITS Help Desk at 319-384-4357 and ask for a password reset.
After you have logged into your iHawk account, please select "F-1 Practical Training" and go to the "Optional Practical Training (OPT) -- New Request" where you will be able to complete the "Update Personal Information", "Add New Employer", and "Update Employment Information" e-forms.
- "Update Personal Information" --- change of personal address and other contact information, leaving the OPT employment and US before OPT expiration date;
- "Add New Employer" --- starting OPT employment, changing employer, update employer contact information;
- "Update Employment Information" --- ending/ changing OPT employment (before OPT expiration date),
Please remember that if you are ending one job and starting a new job both an "Update Employer Information" report must be done so that we can record the end date of that employment, and then an "Add New Employer" report is needed in order to record the new employer.
How long can I stay in the United States after my OPT expires? Sixty (60) days, unless you have either 1) obtained a new I-20 to enter a new degree program (and requested a transfer to another school), or 2) applied for a STEM OPT extension, or 3) applied to change to another immigration status. Students are not required to submit OPT report to ISSS once their OPT expires. However, they are required to depart the United States within 60 days of OPT expiration date, unless they do one of the three events listed above.
If you experience any difficulty, please contact International Student and Scholar Services at email@example.com