This e-form is for those in F-1 or J-1 status to report a change to a new status such as H-1B or permanent residency (green card) for themselves or for any F-2 or J-2 dependents.

  1. Please log in to iHawk
  2. Go to "Other Services" (this includes J-1 scholars)
  3. Open the e-form "New Status Change Report"
  4. Upload evidence of your new status and submit the e-form. This may include the green card, the I-797 approval notice showing your new status, or an image of your new visa. If you or your dependent are now a permanent resident, please be sure to upload both the front and back of your green card.

ISSS will then close your F or J SEVIS record and notify the Registrar as well as central HR services so all other university records may be updated. If you are currently employed on campus, be sure to show your department HR person your new status information as well.