You must always report the local U.S. address at which you are currently residing. Do so even if you are staying somewhere temporarily. The law also requires you to update your address within 10 days of moving. Failure to follow this procedure will result in you losing your legal immigration status.

In order to update your local address, please login to your iHawk account (click the blue login button) using your HawkID and password.  go to "J-1 Scholar Services" and complete the e-form "Update Local Address."  ISSS will then update your SEVIS record and notify you when this process is complete.

Additionally, if your foreign address changes, please notify ISSS by sending an e-mail to