Updating your Local U.S. Address
You must always report the local U.S. address at which you are currently residing. Do so even if you are staying somewhere temporarily. The law also requires you to update your address within 10 days of moving. Failure to follow this procedure will result in you losing your legal immigration status. Please follow these steps to update your address:
- Log on to MyUI
- Click on the “Student Records” link
- Click on the “Change Address Information” link
- To update US address, click on the “Residing Address” tab.
- Select “USA or USA Territory” under Address Type. This MUST be your local residential address. Due to federal law requirements for international students, it cannot be a foreign address, department address, or Post Office address. Enter your complete address and telephone number.
- Optional: If you wish to keep the public from being able to see your address or telephone number, select the appropriate setting from the “Restrictions” field.
- Submit Address Update. Make sure it is effective immediately rather than a future date.
If you are experiencing difficulty, visit ISSS and ask for assistance.
Update your Foreign Address
- To update foreign address, click on the “Home Address” tab.
- Select “Foreign (Non-USA)” under Address Type. This should be your permanent address in your home country.
- This step is optional. If you wish to keep the public from being able to see your foreign address, select the appropriate setting from the “Restrictions” field.
- Submit Address Update
The “1st Parent Address” and “2nd Parent Address” tabs are optional, but we do recommend filling in this information if it is different than what you list for foreign Home Address. This would be used to contact your family in an emergency.