There are various scholarships/grants available to students participating in CIEE programs. All information, eligibility details, and deadlines are available on the CIEE website, “Scholarships and Grants”.
Gilman Go Global Grant and GAIN Travel Grant
CIEE applicants who submit the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship application (regardless of award status) are eligible to receive the Gilman Go Global Grant and the GAIN Travel Grant (up to a maximum CIEE award of $6,500).
Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship - CIEE Intercultural Communication and Leadership in Dublin
CIEE Frederick Douglass Global Fellowship, summer 2023 (July 2023 to August 2023) – developed for students of color, honoring the legacy of Frederick Douglass; emphasis on leadership, social justice, agitation for positive change, and cross-cultural understanding.
- U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or permanent resident
- Current full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate [freshman, sophomore, junior] in good academic standing
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Identify as an ethnicity typically underrepresented on study abroad programs (e.g., American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino or Native Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander)
- Letter of Recommendation from a faculty member or administrator at your institution
- Copy of most recent transcript
- Personal video
- Round-trip travel and full participation in a four-week, 3-credit CIEE study abroad program in Dublin, Ireland
- Ten (10) Fellows will be selected
- An expectation to present and share your study abroad experience upon return to campus
- Submission Deadline: February 14, 2023 (Frederick Douglass' birthday)
- Notification: March 2023
All qualified applicants who are not selected to receive the Fellowship will qualify for a $1,500 summer 2023 scholarship toward another CIEE program and be named a Frederick Douglass Summer Scholar.