International Programs (IP) at the University of Iowa presents WorldCanvass® one Tuesday night a month during the academic year. Programs are recorded before a live audience at FilmScene, Iowa City's non-profit cinema arts organization. Joan Kjaer hosts the series and, with her guests, explores topics that are international in scope and central to our understanding of how individuals fit into the global landscape. The programs are recorded by UI Office of Strategic Communication staff for later broadcast on UITV, YouTube, iTunes, and the Public Radio Exchange. These free programs take place from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at FilmScene, 118 E. College St. in Iowa City, and the public is encouraged to attend. A social hour precedes each program from 4 to 5 p.m.
- September 15 - Don Quixote's Four Century Saga
- October 13- The Evolution of Climate Change: 25 Years and Counting
- October 16- WORLDCANVASS STUDIO The Human in Human Rights- Social Justice After Ferguson
- November 10 - Communicating for Social and Behavioral Change -- featuring the presentation of the International Impact Award
- December 8 - Cuba: yesterday, today, and tomorrow
WorldCanvass® Studio is a mobile version of our monthly discussion and performance series WorldCanvass.
October 16, 2015 - The Human in Human Rights (Social Justice after Ferguson)