Bridging Domestic and Global Diversity is a diversity and leadership training program designed to educate students to adapt to cultural differences. It enhances understanding and connecting through diversity by acceptance and genuine appreciation.
The program fosters student intercultural initiatives by bringing together undergraduate and graduate domestic and international students at The University of Iowa. Students selected to participate in the Bridge program will be one of approximately 25 UI students identified to receive intercultural and diversity training, actively plan the Bridge Open Forum - an intercultural program planned and facilitated by the participants to educate the campus community about intercultural issues, and receive mentoring from Bridge alumni of the program.
Participants in Bridging Domestic and Global Diversity will:
- Explore personal cultural background and understand how it effects your interaction with others.
- Demonstrate understanding of culture and how to navigate differences and cross-cultural conflicts.
- Explain dimensions of diversity, power and privilege, and why it is important to be a change agent.
- Experience building effective cross-cultural relationships and working in a multicultural group-setting.
- Facilitate a program to educate the campus community about intercultural issues.
Learn about the Bridge Program by attending an Information Session:
- Friday, October 2, 2015 | 4:00-4:45 pm | 1117 UCC
- Tuesday, October 6, 2015 | 4:00-4:45 pm | 1124 UCC
- Tuesday, October 20, 2015 | 4:00-4:45 pm | 1117 UCC
Apply Now! Application Deadline for Spring 2016 is Friday, October 23, 2015.
Take a look at this video from our 2014 Bridge program!
Individuals who complete the Bridging Domestic and Global Diversity will receive a certificate and be recognized on the International Programs website.
Contact Brandon Paulson with questions about the Bridging Domestic and Global Diversity certificate program by email email@example.com or phone (319) 335-0335.
UI Accessibility Statement:
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all University of Iowa-sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this program, please contact Brandon Paulson in advance at (319) 335-0335.
UI Non-Discrimination Statement:
The University of Iowa prohibits discrimination in employment, education programs, and activities on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, status as a U.S. veteran, service in the U.S. military, sexual orientation, gender identity, associational preferences, or any other classification that deprives the person of consideration as an individual. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. For additional information contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity, (319) 335-0705.