IES Summer Internship Scholarships are available through the Study Abroad office for students interning abroad on the 2018 IES summer programs. Minimum award will be $1,000 (up to 15 scholarships) dependent on the number of applicants.
- Clear statement of purpose related to academic and future goals
- Continuing language study or studying a new language (not required, but preferred)
- Academic merit (3.0 GPA UI cumulative or higher preferred)
Student Submits by Deadline:
- IES Summer Internship Application
- Statement of Purpose (see essay prompts below)
Statement of Purpose (limited to 500 words):
- Why have you chosen to do an internship abroad? What factors led you to this decision?
- Why have you chosen this particular country for your internship?
- How will this internship experience impact your academic and future professional goals?
Summer 2018 - Thursday, March 1, 2018**