This Stanley Merit-Based Scholarship is a competitive, merit-based scholarship designed for undergraduate students who will study abroad during the Spring semester, Fall semester or Academic Year. Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements listed below and submit the required application materials prior to the stated deadline. This is a non-renewable scholarship.
Scholarship - $1,000
- be an undergraduate, full-time, degree-seeking UI student in good academic standing
- have minimum 3.33 UI cumulative GPA as reported on unofficial UI grade report
- have completed at least 12 semester hours by the application deadline
- plan to study abroad in an academic credit program earning at least twelve (12) semester hours
This merit-based, competitive scholarship application will be reviewed by members of the Study Abroad Scholarship Committee. The following criteria are used in recommending awards:
- academic and personal objectives which are clearly defined and realistic
- academic achievement and preparation
- quality and completeness of the essay submission
- contribution of the study abroad experience to the student’s overall academic program
- evidence of maturity, motivation, and adaptability to different cultural environments
Students meeting the eligibility requirements, outlined above, are encouraged to apply for the Merit Scholarship by completing and submitting the scholarship application, two essays (Statement of Proposed Study and Personal Profile – each 750 words or less), an unofficial grade report (from MyUI Student Portal), and two letters of recommendation (UI Faculty/Teaching Assistants).
Submit the completed application packet to the Study Abroad office (1111 University Capitol Centre) by the application deadline. Incomplete application packets will NOT be accepted.
Fall 2018/Academic Year 2018-19 – Thursday, March 29, 2018*
Spring 2019 – TBD