The Pre-Session Language Study Grant is specifically designed for students undertaking coursework in the native language of the country where they will study and/or full language immersion while abroad. Usually offered as a pre-session, preparatory language course, the goal is the student will develop advanced language skills allowing classroom participation alongside local students. Programs eligible for this grant include:
- ISEP Direct - various programs
- ISEP Exchange - various programs
- Vienna Exchange
Up to six (6), $500 Pre-Session Language Study Grants, will be awarded to eligible applicants for a semester-length or academic year program.
- be undergraduate, full-time, degree-seeking UI student in good academic standing
- be participating in one of the programs listed above or where university coursework is presented in the language of the country
- be nominated by their Study Abroad Advisor
Complete, sign, and submit Pre-Session Language Study Grant application during the appropriate submission timeline (as listed below). Applications will be reviewed and evaluated as received and notified of results approximately two (2) weeks following application submission.
Applications will be accepted for the stated semester during dates listed and evaluated as received.
Spring 2019 - application submission opens: October 4, 2018 - submission deadline: December 4, 2018*
Fall 2019/Academic Year 2019-20 - TBD