The Lamplighter Fund Scholarship is intended to support one or more merit-based scholarships for student(s) participating in the India Winterim program, section 0001 - Sustainable Development: The Kerala Experience; or section 0002 - Water Poverty in Rural India: A Freshwater Crisis Case.
The Lamplighter Fund Scholarship of $1,000 will be awarded in the Winter Session; the number of scholarships will be based on available funding.
- be an undergraduate, full-time, degree-seeking UI student in good academic standing
- have a minimum 3.33 UI cumulative GPA as reported on the unofficial UI grade report
- have completed at least 12 semester hours by the application deadline
- participating in one of the following sections:
- Section 0001 - Sustainable Development: The Kerala Experience
- Section 0002 - Water Poverty in Rural India: A Freshwater Crisis Case
Selection procedure and criteria
- academic and personal objectives that are clearly defined and realistic
- academic achievement and preparation
- the anticipated impact of your choice in light of your academic discipline/major
- quality and completeness of the essay submissions
- factors leading you to select the country of study
- the contribution of study abroad experience to your overall academic program
- evidence of maturity, motivation, and adaptability to a different cultural environment
Students who meet the requirements listed above are encouraged to apply for this scholarship. The application packet will include the application form, two essays (Statement of Proposed Study, Personal Statement - each 750 words or less), UI Award Letter and an unofficial grade report (both items available from MyUI Student Portal), and two letters of reference in sealed, signed envelopes (UI Faculty/Teaching Assistant).
Submit the completed application packet to the Study Abroad office (1111 University Capitol Centre) by the application deadline. Incomplete application packets will NOT be accepted.
Winter 2020-21 - TBA
The final deadline listed for the corresponding application submission is 5:00 p.m.* of the date listed above (close of the business day in the Study Abroad office - 1111 University Capitol Centre). No applications will be accepted after this deadline!