The University of Iowa has an agreement with CIBTvisas that provides several benefits to UI faculty, staff, and students* requiring visas, passport renewals, or other travel document services.
- A discount on service fees, and discounts on rush fees
- "Global Reach, Local Expertise," with 14 North American offices and 30 European and Asian offices
- Live customer care 12 hours per day, Monday-Friday; e-support Saturday-Sunday
- Real time order tracking
- Online database of the most up-to-date passport and visa requirements
To get started, visit the UI Web portal through CIBTvisas. The CIBT account number for the UI is 102892.
CIBTvisas contact information for customer service:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (email support provided 7 days/week)
- Customer Care Team: 800-929-2428; hours of operation: Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (CST) or contact the purhasing agent, Renee Funk, (319) 335-0382
*Students planning to participate in study, internships, or service learning abroad should request assistance from a program advisor in UI Study Abroad prior to processing a visa (this includes international students planning to study abroad). All other students planning to travel outside the U.S. under the auspices of the University of Iowa should register their travel and discuss the visa process with their activity organizer prior to applying for a visa.
This service does not apply to:
- International students (F-1 students, J-1 students, and J-1 scholars) traveling to their home countries
- UI departments wishing to invite scholars to the United States