Mandatory Travel Insurance For UI Students Traveling Abroad For Educational Purposes

All students who receive International Programs grants such as the Stanley Awards for international travel, research, or fieldwork must follow UI International Programs Study Abroad procedures regarding travel insurance.  Students traveling abroad under the auspices of The University of Iowa are required to register their travel with the Study Abroad office, and to submit paperwork pertaining to health, safety, and liability issues, including a photocopy of their passport. They are also required to purchase the Regents International Health Insurance plan and will be automatically signed up for the coverage and billed for it. Students should make sure to include this expense in the budget section of their grant applications.

Detailed instructions may be found on the Study Abroad website under Health Insurance Information and International Travel Insurance Plan FAQs for UI Students.