The International Programs Faculty Advisory Council shall be composed of the Associate Provost and Dean of IP, the IP Director of Academic Programs, thirteen UI faculty members, a representative from the Division of Continuing Education, and a representative nominated by the Vice President for Research. Eleven of the thirteen members of the faculty shall be nominated by the deans of each of the eleven UI colleges and appointed by the Dean. The remaining two Council members will be drawn from IP's constituent thematic and area studies centers and programs, and are appointed by the dean.
- To advise the Associate Provost and Dean on the UI's global strategies
- To recommend policies and initiatives designed to strengthen the University’s internationally oriented teaching, research, creative work and community engagement
- To serve as a communication network and to provide direction for existing or potential cross-collegiate international activities and initiatives
- To confer with and assist the Associate Provost and Dean in the formulation of the academic agenda, policies, procedures, and activities of IP.
- To propose a topic for and to plan the annual retreat of IP-appointed faculty members, and to plan other events designed to involve faculty in intellectual exchange and information sharing around international or global topics.
- To recommend appointments (by vote) of IP-affiliated faculty members (adjunct and courtesy appointments) and to ensure faculty involvement in international teaching, research, and outreach is recognized.
- To conduct such other business as may be assigned to it, except that it shall not assume or be asked to assume authority on any matter clearly delegated elsewhere
- To confer with the Provost whenever a new Associate Provost and Dean is to be appointed
David Bills, College of Education
Raul Curto, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
David Frasier, Tippie College of Business
Donna Hammond, College of Medicine
Joy Hayes, Latin American Studies Program
Keri Hornbuckle, College of Engineering
Cori Peek-Asa, College of Public Health
Ann Ricketts, VP for Research
Morten Schlutter, Center for Asian and Pacific Studies
Hazel Seaba, College of Pharmacy
Christopher Squier, College of Dentistry
Downing Thomas, Dean of International Programs
Anne Zalenski, Division of Continuing Education
Doug Lee, Ex-Officio
Login (members only)