Through the generous support of the Stanley-UI Foundation Support Organization, International Programs' Major Projects Award promotes important contributions to scholarly debates and exchanges on international topics, issues, discoveries, and arts. Proposals for events that will take place on The University of Iowa campus and that will enhance international knowledge and understanding for University of Iowa faculty, staff, and students are therefore especially welcome.
While the International Programs Summer Research Fellowships are intended to support research and creative activities of individual faculty members, the Major Projects Award encourages activities or endeavors on a broader scale. These may take the form of collaborations, symposia, conferences, lecture series, artistic exhibitions, and performance events.
See the full list of past Major Projects Award recipients.
November 20, 2017
All University of Iowa tenured and tenure-track faculty members are invited to apply.
Terms of Award
- Funding is for a one-year period beginning July 1. A single project will be funded, up to $12,500.
- Award recipients must submit a brief report, including the submission of photographs, on the activities connected with the award. See https://international.uiowa.edu/award-feedback-faculty for details.
Evaluation Criteria and Selection Process
Proposals for International Programs Major Projects Awards are reviewed considering the following criteria:
- clear emphasis on international topics, contexts, issues, questions, or aesthetics
- compelling explanation of the purpose, significance, and impact of the project
- convincing account of objectives, methods, procedures, and anticipated outcomes
- list of departments, programs, or groups on campus likely to participate or benefit
- description of possibilities for student participation (if appropriate)
Applicants should indicate additional sources of funding for which they intend to apply, from within the University or from external funding agencies.
The committee to review Major Projects Award proposals is appointed and chaired by the Associate Provost & Dean of International Programs.
Complete the following and send as attachments to:
email@example.com no later than 5 p.m. on November 20, 2017. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- an application form
- a proposal addressing the criteria above (3 pages, single spaced)
- a brief budget outline, including funds pending or committed (sources and amounts)
- curriculum vitae for all applicants (2 pages maximum each)
For questions regarding Major Projects Awards, please contact:
Director of Academic Programs