The IP Grants Office assists faculty and staff in identifying and pursuing funding opportunities to support projects with an international emphasis or component.
• If you have question about IP’s internal funding opportunities please contact IP’s Director of Academic programs, Kelly Kadera.
• For external funding opportunities contact Ann Knudson, grants administrator for IP. Ann can assist faculty in creating successful proposals. Learn more about our grant-writing assistance support.
International Programs Funding Opportunities
- Provost’s Global Forum
- Major Projects Awards
- Special Projects Awards
- International Travel Awards
- Summer Research Fellowships
- Global and International Program Grant
- Global Curriculum Development Award
University of Iowa Funding Opportunities
- Office of the Vice President for Research
- Office of the Provost
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Obermann Center for Advanced Studies
- Division of Sponsored Programs
- Other Resources
External Funding Programs
Please note the revised UI compensation policy for faculty who receive Fulbright awards:
UI colleges will maintain the faculty member’s compensation level during the Fulbright Core Scholar award period through a combination of UI (reduced) salary and the Fulbright stipend. Regardless of the specific teaching/research obligations of the award, the faculty member will not be penalized for accepting the Fulbright award, and instead will be “made whole” for the period of the award. The instruction normally provided by the Fulbright Scholar will need to be met in her/his absence. Most often this will be accomplished through temporary reallocation of departmental/college resources to meet instructional need.
Because of the variation in duration and financial support, applicants should work closely with their department chair and dean’s office to develop a plan that fits the particular situation. Eligibility for these awards is limited to tenured and tenure track faculty. For additional information regarding these guidelines, contact Associate Provost Kevin Kregel (firstname.lastname@example.org). For assistance in preparing applications, applicants are encouraged to work with Ann Knudson (email@example.com) in International Programs, or with their departmental/collegiate grants administrator, and to contact the appropriate Fulbright program officers for more information about specific programs: http://www.cies.org/us-scholar-programs.