Academic Centers & Programs
- Occupy Wall Street: Carnival Against Capital? Carnivalesque As Protest Sensibility by Claire Tancons
Caribbean and Atlantic Studies Centers and Programs
- Cuban Research Institute-Florida International University. Research center on Cuban and Cuban American studies.
- Atlantic Studies Research Group-Center for the Humanities, University of Miami
- “The Caribbean: Identities and Conflicts,” interdisciplinary research group: Hispanic, Anglophone, and Francophone literatures and cultures, University of Bergen, Norway. CIC (“The Caribbean: Identities and Conflicts”) is an interdisciplinary and interfaculty research group, which focuses on multicultural and multiethnic aspects of the Spanish, English, French and Creole-speaking countries of the Caribbean. Our research centers on the formation of the Caribbean identities which, due to a recent increase in migration, not only extend beyond this geographically limited area but also challenge traditional forms of nation building.
- Casa del Caribe, Santiago de Cuba
- Centro de Estudios Avanzados de Puerto Rico y el Caribe, San Juan
- Haiti Cultural Exchange- Haiti Cultural Exchange is a nonprofit organization established to develop, present and promote the cultural expressions of the Haitian people.
- Haiti Lab- Co-directed by Laurent Dubois and Deborah Jenson, the “Haiti Lab” is the first humanities laboratory at the Franklin Humanities Institute at Duke University. The lab merges research, education, and practical applications of innovative thinking for Haiti's disaster recovery and for the expansion of Haitian studies in the U.S. and Haiti. http://sites.fhi.duke.edu/haitilab/
- Louisiana State University-Atlantic Studies Program
- *The STAR (Scotland's Transatlantic Relations) Project was set up in 2002 with a grant from the Carnegie Trust for the Universities of Scotland. It is convened by Susan Manning, Grierson Professor of English Literature and Director of the Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities at the University of Edinburgh. STAR's mission is to provide a focus for international circumatlantic research with a Scottish dimension.
- Scotland's Translatlantic Relations (STAR)
- Caribbean Digital Library - The Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC) is a cooperative digital library for resources from and about the Caribbean and circum-Caribbean
- The Caribbean Commons - the Caribbean Epistemologies Seminar blog. Sponsored by The Center for the Humanities at the CUNY Graduate Center, this Seminar aims to advance work on the Caribbean in general and in particular at The City University of New York.
- Race, Space, Place: The Making and Un-Making of Freedoms in the Atlantic World and Beyond, Duke University Website
- Repeating Islands Blog - News and commentary on Caribbean culture, literature, and the arts
- Caribbean Review of Books
- Trans-Caribbean Reflections - Organized by Kaiama L. Glover and Alessandra Benedicty, the Transnational and Transcolonial Caribbean Studies Research Group facilitates regular scholarly exchange among local colleagues interested in contemporary issues related to the Caribbean and its points of transcolonial, transnational, and regional intersection. In addition to realizing the immediate goal of providing a forum for the discussion of work-in-progress, the group is committed to engaging in collaborative research.
- Ile en ile - Index
- Creative Caribbean Network - An initiative of PUMA.Creative, Creative Caribbean Network is both a live and a virtual platform connecting the creative world within and outside of the Caribbean, giving visibility to the talents working in architecture, dance, design, fashion, film, fine art, literature, music, new media, performing arts and photography.
- Cultural Studies is a scholarly space that makes room for input from various theoretical traditions under an overarching concern with the effects of social power relations and a critique of the production, circulation and negotiation of meaning in everyday life.
- Caribbean Beat
- Bibliography of Creative Writing in Trinidad and Tobago
Other Related Programs
- African studies program
- Black Canada: Canadian Series of North American Negroes
- Cornell University Libraries Africana Library
- Columbia University Library’s African Diaspora Project
- International Writing program
- South Asian Studies Program
- University of Liverpool – Center for the Study of International Slavery
- University of Michigan Ann Arbor. Department for Afroamerican and African Studies (DAAS)