The SIT Targeted Honors Scholarship is applicable to all SIT approved programs - summer and semester. Eligible students can apply for the SIT federal Pell Grant matching program funds, the SIT CIC $1,500 Scholarship, the SIT Targeted Funds Scholarship and the SIT general scholarship funds. Total SIT awards cannot exceed $5,000/student/semester or $3,000/student/summer session. In addition to SIT-sponsored funding, students are encouraged to apply for other Study Abroad grants, federal financial aid, and applicable UI scholarships. More Information.
$1,000 depending on the number of applicants
Topical, field-based coursework with research and independent study opportunities, allowing students to pursue their own interests. Semester and summer programs for academic credit available in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and the Middle East.
- Climate and the Environment
- Development, Economy, and Inequality
- Global Health
- Media, Arts, and Social Change
- Migration, Identity, and Resilience
- Peace, Human Rights, and Social Movements
- Currently enrolled in the UI Honors program
- Accepted or applying to one of the SIT Study Abroad programs
- Statement of Purpose (limited to 750 words, essay prompts below)
- ►Why have you chosen to do the SIT program?
- ►Why have you chosen this particular country and topic?
- ►How will you tie this experience into the Honors program?
Summer 2016 - Thursday, February 25, 2016*; Fall 2016 - Thursday, March 31, 2016*
For more information about these programs and scholarships, please visit Study Abroad in UI International Programs at 1111 University Capitol Centre