THEME: Refugees in the Heartland
PURPOSE: Create a video that shares ideas about what it means to be a refugee and how communities where refugees live can acknowledge their experience and encourage their contributions.
TIMELINE: Contest runs from February 25, 2013, through June 1, 2013
JUDGED ON: creativity and originality, quality, accuracy, and content of message
LENGTH: 90 seconds maximum
PRIZE: Select entries submitted by April 1, 2013 will be screened at a regional conference on April 5, 2013. At the conclusion of the contest period, gift certificates will be awarded for the following categories: Best Overall Production and Content; Best Original Message/Idea; Best Creative Presentation. Winning entries will also be featured on International Programs’ website.
HOW TO ENTER:
- You must have a YouTube or Google account in order to submit your video to this contest. For information on creating an account, visit www.youtube.com/create_account . Per YouTube requirements, all YouTube users must be at least 13 years of age.
- Upload your video contest entry to your own YouTube account.
- Visit International Programs’ YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/uiowainternational ) starting Feb. 25 and locate the video titled Refugees in the Heartland Video Contest. On the video page, click the comments box and select “create a video response.”
- Choose a video from your account uploads, and then click to use the selected video as a response.
- Print and complete the Entry / Liability Waiver, Release and Warranty Form  with all required signatures. If you are under 18 years of age, you must complete the attached permission form with a parent’s or legal guardian’s signature as noted on the form. You may either email these forms to email@example.com  or mail to:
Center for Human Rights
1120 University Capitol Centre
The University of Iowa
Iowa City, Iowa, USA 52242
- Videos and all entry forms must be submitted and/or received by June 1, 2013, at 11:59 p.m. in order to be eligible.