Metropolitan Opera in Iowa
Coordinated to the Met Live in HD theater transmissions
All lectures take place in the University Capitol Centre Conference Seminar Room 2520D at 5:30 p.m., are free of charge, and are open to the public.
The lecture series is intended to guide audiences to a better understanding of the Metropolitan Opera performances, which are shown live at Sycamore Cinema in Iowa City and other venues worldwide.
- October 2, 2013: Anna Barker (Comparative Literature) and Nathan Platte (Musicology) on Tchaikovsky's Eugene Onegin
- December 5, 2013: Miriam Gilbert (English, Emeritus) on Verdi's Falstaff
- January 22, 2014: Jitka Sonkova (Asian & Slavic Languages) on Dvorak's Rusalka
- February 27, 2014: Katherine Eberle (Music) on Massenet's Werther
- April 14, 2014: Wayne Wyman (Music) on Mozart's Così fan tutte