University of Iowa students in the Department of Dance have collaborated with writers in residence at the International Writing Program to choreograph new dances inspired by the writers’ works. A free, public performance showcasing their work will be held at 7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2, in Space Place Theater in North Hall.
Collaborative works to be performed include:
- "Ten" by Muhamed Abdelnabi (Egypt)
- "My Voice, I Do Not Hear" by Sawsan Al-Areeque (Kuwait)
- "Ejagham" by Corinne N'Guessan (Cote d'Ivoire)
- "Adieu" by Oscar Ranzo (Uganda)
- "Tangerines" by Wang Jiaxin (China)
For more information, see Iowa Now.