On-Campus Employment

On-campus employment includes on-campus jobs unrelated to study as well as employment required by scholarship, fellowship, or assistantship.

You may work on campus up to 20 hours per week during the academic year and full time during the Thanksgiving break, winter break, spring break, and summer as long as your DS-2019 is valid, you have written authorization from ISSS, you are in good academic standing, and you are enrolled full time ; enrollment is not required during winter break or summer session, but you must not have graduated and intend to enroll for the following semester). 


To request on-campus employment authorization, please login to your iHawk account (click the blue login button) using your HawkID and password. Go to "J-1 Student Services" and complete the e-form "On-Campus Work Authorization."  You will be notified when your authorization letter is ready to pick up within a week if there are no questions.

Please note that your written authorization from ISSS must be renewed on an annual basis.  If it has expired, you may not work on campus anymore.