Common Tax Forms
Forms for filing as a Non-Resident Alien
All non-residents (for tax purposes) who were present in the U.S. in F-1, F-2, J-1, J-2, M-1, or M-2 status during the previous calendar year must file Form 8843, even if they received no income during the previous year. This form does not require a social security number or ITIN. For assistance with filing Form 8843, please plan to attend a VITA workshop.
Forms for filing as a Resident Alien
Iowa State Tax Forms
- State Income Tax - If you worked in Iowa State during the year, you are required to file a state income tax return.
- Form 843 for refund of Social Security and Medicare tax withheld in error. You will also need to complete Form 8316.
- Form W-7 - to request ITIN numbers for your dependents.
- Form 1040X - to file an amended return.
- Form 4868 - for extension of time to file.