International Programs helps students identify and pursue the many undergraduate and graduate funding opportunities that support projects with an international emphasis. Grants and fellowships can provide opportunities for academic and language study, research, and internships. We serve students through individual appointments and public workshops, providing assistance by:
- helping you find opportunities that meet your interests,
- setting goals and timelines,
- reviewing drafts, and
- managing submissions.
Our site contains a listing of grants and deadlines for undergraduate and graduate students, in addition to other helpful resources for students seeking grants. Students interested in grants opportunities can subscribe to IP Grants Announcements. General information for grant-seeking students includes: UI Faculty International Research Connections (faculty listing for students seeking foreign contacts or affiliations); UI Foreign Language Resources (faculty listing for students who need language evaluations); IRB Review Steps (for human subjects research); and Mandatory International Travel Insurance Information (required for all UI students who are traveling internationally).
Karen Wachsmuth, Academic Programs and Student Services Administrator, provides support for students seeking the following internal and external international grants:
- Fulbright U.S. Student Program Grants (UI Fulbright Program Advisor for all students, including undergraduate, graduate, professional, UI alumni)
- Stanley Awards for International Research (undergraduate and graduate)
- Boren Awards (undergraduate and graduate)
- DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) Study Scholarship and Research Grants (undergraduate and graduate)
- Critical Language Scholarships (undergraduate and graduate)
- Global Health Studies Conference Travel Scholarships (undergraduate and graduate)
- Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad (DDRA) Fellowship Program (for Ph.D.s only), in collaboration with the Division of Sponsored Programs
Students are encouraged to begin their funding searches and applications at least six months to one year in advance. Please see the individual grant webpages for workshop announcements.
NOTE: If you are seeking information about funding for study abroad, please visit http://international.uiowa.edu/study-abroad/funding.