Funded in part by the Stanley-UI Foundation Support Organization
The International Programs Summer Research Fellowship is a developmental award designed to promote the internationalization of research on campus. The strongest proposals will demonstrate genuine engagement with international issues, whether aesthetic, cultural, historical, political, or global. While such projects will typically involve work at an international location, travel abroad is not required. Each $3,000 summer fellowship is expected to result in at least one publication, exhibit, or performance.
October 30, 2015
All University of Iowa tenured and tenure-track faculty are eligible to apply.
Although past awardees are eligible to apply, priority will be given to applicants who have not previously held an IP Summer Research Fellowship.
Terms of Award
- The $3,000 IP Summer Research Fellowships are paid as research and travel funds only.
- Awardees must commit at least one month of full-time work to their project.
Evaluation Criteria and Selection Process
Proposals for International Programs Summer Research Fellowships are reviewed considering the following criteria:
- Engagement with international issues, whether aesthetic, cultural, historical, political, or global;
- Scholarly, artistic, clinical, and technical merit of the project;
- Feasibility of the project in relation to the length of the award period;
- Clarity of the proposal, including readability and references to relevant scholarship;
- Potential impact on applicant’s discipline or field of research;
- Potential for disseminating and/or applying anticipated achievements through publications, presentations, and development of curricular and instructional activities;
Proposals for International Programs Summer Fellowships are reviewed by a committee appointed by the Associate Provost & Dean of International Programs.
Complete the following and send as attachments to:
email@example.com no later than 5 p.m. on October 30, 2015. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- an application form
- proposal addressing the evaluation criteria above (2-3 pages)
- curriculum vitae (2 pages maximum)
For questions regarding the Summer Research Fellowships, please contact:
Director of Academic Programs