Fulfilling Academic Requirements - Honors Program

General Education and Electives

Most study abroad locations offer coursework that will count towards General Education Program requirements of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS). Historical Perspectives, Humanities, Social Sciences, Fine Arts, and Foreign Civilization & Culture Gen-Eds are relatively easy to complete overseas. Additionally, CLAS requires that all majors acquire either fourth-semester competency or the equivalent in a foreign language.

If you need to complete your foreign language requirement, you could consider studying abroad to immerse yourself in a language and complete this requirement in as little as one semester overseas.

Taking elective courses abroad is exciting because you may have the chance to explore a topic you could never study in the U.S.

Major Courses

For information regarding programs that are most suitable to your particular area of study, please see the Major Advising Page created for your department.