Outreach & Connections
- Intercultural training that will be applicable to your role as a student leader, as well as, your future career in the diverse workforce of the 21st century.
- A Certificate verifying your involvement and achievements from this program. Successful participants will also receive letters of recommendation upon request.
- Group size is limited in order to ensure opportunities for in-depth discussions. You may expect to learn more about your own culture(s) and the cultures of others in the group. This will take place on a personal level as you interact with other participants and on a more academic level as you learn about Milton Bennett's Model of Intercultural Sensitivity and its application.
- A mentor (former Bridge participant) will provide you with opportunities to reflect on your experiences.
- To have your ideas about global and domestic diversity challenged in a supportive environment.
- Opportunities to make new friends.
- Complete an Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) profile, which is short inventory provided by the program (requires only 15-20 minutes to complete). Each participant will meet individually with a Bridge staff member to receive feedback on their profile (45 minute maximum).
- Assist with planning, implementing, and/or the evaluation of a 90 minute Bridging Domestic and Global Diversity Open Forum.
- Complete brief evaluations regarding the quality, efficacy, and usefulness of the program and make recommendations for improvements in the program.
- Be reliable and dependable with regard to following through on commitments.
- Be willing to take part in respectful and in-depth discussions regarding a wide variety of diversity issues.
- Be willing to challenge yourself and others in a respectful way.
- To be assertive in proactively communicating with Bridge staff and peers any learning, academic, or non-academic concerns you have that might impact your learning experience in the program.
- To submit a final evaluation upon completion of your participation in the Bridging Domestic and Global Diversity program.
Questions about the Bridging Domestic and Global Diversity program? Please contact Brandon Paulson, International Student and Scholar Advisor, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (319) 335-0335.