Common Tax Forms

Forms for filing as a Non-Resident Alien

Form 1040NR-EZ

Form 1040NR

Form 8843

All non-residents (for tax purposes) who were present in the U.S. in F-1, F-2, J-1, J-2, M-1, or M-2 status during the previous calendar year must file Form 8843, even if they received no income during the previous year.  This form does not require a social security number or ITIN. For assistance with filing Form 8843, please plan to attend a VITA workshop.

Forms for filing as a Resident Alien

Form 1040EZ

Form 1040A

Form 1040

Iowa State Tax Forms

  • State Income Tax - If you worked in Iowa State during the year, you are required to file a state income tax return.

Other Forms

Form 843

  • Form 843 for refund of Social Security and Medicare tax withheld in error. You will also need to complete Form 8316.

Form W-7

  • Form W-7 - to request ITIN numbers for your dependents.

Form 1040X

Form 4868

Most commonly used publications