- Family Medicine in Cuba - Lee Dresang
- Medicina Cubana Article
- Embargo and Meds
- Havana's Medics Work Around the World
- Health Services as an Instrument of International Politics: Addressing Pandemics, Disasters and Violent Conflict by Michael Schulz
- Transnationalism and the Politics of Disaster Relief
- National Library of Medicine
- Pub Med/Medline
- World Health Organization
- World Watch
- Seeking Protection: Addressing Sexual and Domestic Violence in Tanzania's Refugee Camps. Human Rights Watch. October 2002. Full text available at HRW.org.
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) (Atlanta)
- The World Bank Group provides economic and development data on nearly every country in the world.
- CIA World Fact Book, lists population, government, military, and economic information for nearly all countries around the world.
- Relation Between Burden of Disease and Randomised Evidence in Sub-Saharan Africa: Survey of Research
- Awakening Hippocrates: A Primer on Health, Poverty, And Global Service (Paperback) by Edward O'Neil Jr. 2006